17 December 2009

Organisational changes

There will be some changes to my research group. I don't know how this will affect me in detail, but in general I think it will strengthen software research in Göteborg.

In short there wil be a new software research center (at Lindholmen?) which will be a merger with software resarchers from the departments of Applied IT and of Computer Science and Engineering. Software engineering will organisationally belong to the latter department, so I will change department.
The two masters' programs Software Engineering & Management and Software Engineering & Technology will be one, which makes sense since they have a lot in common (e.g. course in software achitecture). It does not seem efficient to give two different master level programs in the same area.

No comments: