Together with a fellow researcher I made an extensive interview series with architects at two major automotive companies. So far the data from these interviews is used for 3 papers which will be submitted this spring:
- A compararative case study on how two similar companies work with maintaining architctures.
- A short paper describing how archtiects view themselves in terms of skills, experience, attitudes, etc.
- Another paper which I'm not authoring
Last year I made extensive observations of architectural decisions for the architecture of the next generation electrical system at Volvo Cars. So far the data from these observed decisions will be used for 2 papers:
- A new classification scheme for archtiecture decsions, based on empirical data
- A case study of the 80 decisions observed at Volvo Cars
I also have an idea about an interesting AUTOSAR-paper which partly will use information from a student thesis project I will supervise later this spring.