25 August 2010

ECSA 2010 pt1

I'm at the 4th European Conference on Software Architecture in Copenhagen. The presentations varies, both in presentation skills, scientific rigour and relevance (at least to me).

Jan Bosch stressed 3 key take-aways in his keynote last morning, he might post the presentation on his homepage:
  1. An increase in speed trumps any increase in efficiency
  2. Software engineering is moving from integration to composition
  3. Software architecture is the key to delightful products in software eco-systems

I'm not convinced that all of his conclusions are valid outside of pure software business domains. But I guiess there are som things to learn even if one makes software for systems like cars, communication satellites etc.

Now I'm of to listen to Philippe Kruchten.

No comments: