1 January 2013

Thesis chapter 4.1: Personal contributions

In the case study in chapter 5 I designed the study, selected the theoretical framework used (Architecture business cycle), chose the architecture scenarios and made the purposeful sample of interviewees. My co-author contributed with choice of the interpretative research approach and the design of the interview process. The interview questions, the interviews and the transcriptions were performed by 3 students as part of their thesis project, which I supervised together with the co-author. The final analysis in the paper was mainly done by me with input from the co-author based on the material of the students.

In the comparative case study in chapter 6 the co-author designed the interview study. We jointly performed the interviews, collected the data, made the analysis and wrote the original conference paper  I made most of the extensions of that paper to the present journal article with input from the co-author.

I performed the mapping study in chapter 7: Defined the search criteria, identified the relevant cases and extracted relevant categories of development approaches and architectures from the chosen papers. Based on the results from the mapping study I defined the initial model of 5 approaches which was iterated with the co-author to the present form.

The model of the context of individual teams in chapter 8 was developed jointly with the co-author. The last four case studies were preformed by by me. The measures were developed in cooperation with engineers at Volvo cars.

The architecture in chapter 9 was developed by me with input from the co-author. The case study was performed by me, but the actual implementation in the case was done by an external team. The evaluation
and comparison of the existing platforms was done by me with input from the co-author.

The five key activities in chapter 10 were elaborated by me based on the theoretical foundation of the co-author. The case study was performed by me, but the actual implementation in the case was done by an external team.

The architectures and the infrastructure in chapter 11 were developed by me with input from the co-author, and was based on a theoretical foundation of the co-author. The case study was performed by me, but the
actual implementation in the case was done by an external team.

No comments: